Smile

There are days that seem like they last forever and then there are days that fly by and you are getting the kids ready for bed. Today was one of those days that felt like it was not going to end and my kids gave me a few moments of pure joy to make it through. Their smiles today made for a worthwhile day.
As I began to write this post I was thinking "what is a smile?" So I looked up the definition of a smile and Webster says: a facial expression in which the eyes brighten and the corners of the mouth curve slightly upward and which expresses especially amusement, pleasure, approval, or sometimes scorn a pleasant or encouraging appearance.

Then as I searched the web I stumbled upon a few other things. There is a World Smile Day and you can check it out at this website. http://www.worldsmileday.com.

However, the one thing I stumbled on that made me stop for a moment was finding Operation Smile. It made me pause and consider how the impact of a smile can influence a child and change their life. Below is about Operation Smile and their website if you haven’t heard of them and would like to be apart of there work check them out.

About Operation Smile (www.operationsmile.org) Our Mission: Operation Smile mobilizes a world of generous hearts to heal children’s smiles and transform lives across the globe. Founded in 1982, Operation Smile, headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, is a worldwide children’s medical charity whose network of global volunteers are dedicated to helping improve the health and lives of children and young adults. Since its founding, Operation Smile volunteers have treated more than 150,000 children born with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities and the organization currently has a presence in more than 50 countries. In addition to contributing free medical treatment, Operation Smile trains local medical professionals in its partner countries and leaves behind crucial equipment to lay the groundwork for long-term self-sufficiency.  
Here is a great song to listen to by Uncle Kracker,SMILE

I compiled a few pictures of the smiles that make me get up each day and thank the Lord for my blessed life and beautiful children.
Pictures:






What have you smiled about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are read by Me and I try to respond to each. Thanks for commenting and Happy Reading! God Bless!