I just got this great recipe for and Egg and Cheese casserole from my mother-in-law who got it from her good friend. It was a big hit and thought I would share it. It is so easy (and I love easy!) but especially when easy tastes this good. Give it a try and enjoy!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 45 MINUTES
USE: 9X13 GLASS BAKING DISH
14 SLICES WHITE BREAD, CRUSTS REMOVED AND CUBED
½ LB. SAUSAGE (cooked) OR HAM CUBED
2 CUPS SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE, GRATED
1 ½ CUP GRATED SWISS CHEESE
7 LARGE EGGS
3 CUPS MILK
½ TSP ONION POWDER OR SCALLIONS (chopped finely- approx. ¼ cup)
½ TSP DRY MUSTARD
3 CUPS CRUSHED CORNFLAKES
1/8 – ¼ CUP MELTED BUTTER
• GREASE BAKING DISH WITH BUTTER (or use PAM)
• SPREAD BOTTOM WITH HALF THE BREAD CUBES, SPREAD SAUSAGE AND BOTH CHEESES EVENLY OVER THE BREAD.
• ADD REMAINDER OF THE BREAD CUBES.
• MIX EGGS, MILK, ONION POWDER and MUSTARD TOGETHER.
• POUR OVER BREAD, SAUSAGE AND CHEESE.
• PAT DOWN TO SOAK BREAD WITH EGG MIXTURE, REFRIGERATE OVERNIGHT.
• SPREAD CRUSHED CORNFLAKES EVENLY.
• BAKE AT 375 FOR 45 MINUTES (about could be longer).
• LET STAND AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING.