(I have made it more times than I can keep count it is that yummy!)
It is super easy and no mess. I did make a few adjustments see after the recipe.
Santa Fe Chicken Packets
Chicken breasts topped with black beans, corn and zesty tomatoes, cooked in foil packets on the grill for an easy summertime meal
Hands On: 10 | Total: 30 | Makes: 4 servings (1 packet each)
▪ 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
▪ 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
▪ 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
▪ 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
▪ PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
▪ 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
▪ 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat according to manufacturer's directions. Stir together beans, corn, drained tomatoes and cumin in medium bowl.
2. Place four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy foil on counter. Spray each with cooking spray. Place 1 breast in center on each piece of foil. Spoon 1/4th bean mixture over chicken for each packet. Bring up short sides of each foil packet and double fold top. Double fold both ends to seal each packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
3. Place packets on grate of covered grill. Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Carefully open packets; sprinkle 1/4th cheese on top of each breast. Close foil and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
4 servings (1 packet each) Calories 386; Total Fat 9 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 110 mg; Sodium 613 mg; Carbohydrate 28 g; (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 4 g); Protein 47 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 11%; Vitamin C 9%; Calcium 26%; Iron 17%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Packets may be baked on shallow pan in 425°F oven 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers. Or, to save aluminum foil, place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture over chicken; cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake in 375°F oven 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers.
Recipe From: Ready Set Eat
- I seasoned my chicken with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and minced onion. I put all four pieces in one Foil Packet.
- To make a little less spicy I just used Diced tomatoes( instead of with green chiles) I made both ways and they were great.
- Served with Spanish rice.
- Topped with Sour Cream.
Linked up with: