Remembering 9/11

May we never forget! 
I will never forget where I was that day 10 years ago and what I was doing and thinking. Wondering what was going to happen next and where were all my loved ones. During the days that followed I watched as a nation joined together and our President lead us in the most amazing way to remind us that we are one nation standing together and asked us to pray:
"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a Power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me.
This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world."

During this day may we pray that God grants comfort and peace to those who lost loved ones on that horrific day.





Full Speech by President Bush:



Letter to Mrs. Bixby from President Lincoln
(Read during 9/11/11 Remembrance Ceremony)
Dear Madam,

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts, that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom. Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are read by Me and I try to respond to each. Thanks for commenting and Happy Reading! God Bless!