Wait for Me...


During this time in my life, as a family, we are experiencing a time of patience and perseverance. This is a very hard thing to do. As a believer in Christ, in my head and my heart I know that the Lord provides and He is faithful. If I look at all the experiences in my past I can see the hand of God over my life and His provisions at every turn.  And yet my human, sinful nature begins to doubt that God will do what He says He will do. At those moments of doubt it is important to be reminded of what He says in His Scriptures. He always brings us back to what He promises. In James 1:2-7 we read:
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. “

 Photo By Grea Wessels aka Grieks
James talks about considering it pure Joy when we go through trials, knowing that it is a testing of our faith.  As we doubt we are like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed. A tossing wave in the sea is so moveable and uncertain, even so powerful at times, it is highly unstable and unpredictable.  Our doubt is powerful and moves us away from the faith and trust we have in our Lord.  However, we are to endure and God requires us to hold on to see what He can do within the trial. If we can persevere, the blessings are unmatchable. During the trial, I know I am trying to figure out the outcome and trying to reason; however, I can’t. It is beyond my understanding and that is where faith comes into practice.  All trials are different and are tough.
Another analogy God uses in His Word is a rock and firm foundations. I continue to be challenged by this and want to move my faith to become more like a firm foundation, solid as rock. Just as in His parable of the wise and foolish Builders. (Matthew 7:24-27) Where is your faith built? Is it built on the solid rock or on sand?
I continue to be challenged with this and look to the Scriptures for my guidance. There may be a trial in your life that you are facing at this moment that is beyond your understanding. You may be wondering…why am I going through this?  It could be an illness, a loss of job, a decision facing your family that affects the future. Whatever it is God is right there with you if you allow Him to be, and I am speaking to myself too!
I came across a great definition of perseverance:
   Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, and endurance.
   Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
   Perseverance is trying again and again.

 I asked myself: Am I committed and patient? Am I bearing this trial calmly and without complaint? Well, I am doing some of that, but I’m also reminded of what I need to do more of and less of during this time.  In all things God works for the good: Romans 8:28
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”


“God knows our situation; He will not judge us as if we had no difficulties to overcome. What matters is the sincerity and perseverance of our will to overcome them.” ~C.S. Lewis

Have hope today, knowing that God is in control and will be glorified in these trials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are read by Me and I try to respond to each. Thanks for commenting and Happy Reading! God Bless!